Look at the advice from my Splenda this morning.
How did they know it was my anniversary yesterday?
How did they know I needed some new inspiration for the first day of my 28th year of marriage?
With any relationship, this is good advice. Children, relatives, neighbors and co-workers could all use the sweetening true kindness bring.
There isn’t time to pour into lives. We all have jobs and tasks during the day. Sitting by someone’s side to rub their feet, fan them with exotic leaves and peel their grapes isn’t going to happen.
But, we can sprinkle their hearts, bodies and souls with happiness.
- sincere smile
- express thanks for assigned chores (like garbage)
- gag gift (hey, we all need a laugh!)
- prayer (I have a friend who prays in email for me. I love it!)
- do a chore they don’t like doing
- pleasant greeting (I like to welcome my kids into each day with a “Good Morning”, even when nobody is feeling good about the day)
- a card for no reason
- GOOD gossip, tell someone else something you admire about another person
- greet people when they come home
- compliment something you haven’t mentioned before
- notice a need and meet it before asked
- LISTEN when they talk and give a verbal affirmation
- give a soft answer to turn away anger
How do you sprinkle Happily Ever After into your relationships?